I loved the smooth, slightly sweet taste of this dip. It gets a little kick from the jalapeno, but isn’t spicy. This would also make an excellent cold pasta sauce. With the addition of silken tofu it adds some extra protein to your meal. And as my mother always told me growing up, the peas will make your eyelashes curly!
Serves 20-22, makes about 4 cups
Adapted from The Kitchn
- 1 container (20 oz) silken tofu, drained
- 1 bag (16oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Refrigerate for at least one hour.